Yep. That is the task I'm giving myself.
I'm using 3 lists as a point of reference:
1. http://www.listal.com/list/rpg-world-ps2-edition
2. http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?73673-RPG-List-for-the-PS2
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bm8ikWu09M (see description)
I'm using that first list as a central base, as the games aren't in alphabetical order and I can play through the list from top to bottom without having to play all the games and their sequels back to back. I'll be using the other 2 lists to add in any games the first list may have missed.
So let's handle a quick Q & A:
Q: Are you really going to do this?
A: I'm going to try!
Q: If you've already finished a game in the past, are you going to review it without playing it again?
A: Nope. I'm going to play all of these games from start to finish, even if I have played them before.
Q: From start to finish? Even the bad ones?
A: Yep.
Q: Are you going to play only PS2 games for the duration of this?
A: Absolutely not. I have several other games in the near future I want to play, and I may throw up reviews for those as well. Torchlight 2, Borderlands 2, Mists of Panderia, and Persona 4 Golden may slow my progress a bit. I'm doing this at my own pace. Keep in mind, rpgs are long games. You won't get a review a night. In many cases, you may have to wait as long as a month for one.
Q: When are you starting?
A: I'm currently trying to watch all the Star Trek: TNG episodes (I'm near the end of season 4) and I'm playing Mortal Kombat on Vita. When I'm done, I'll start the first game, which I believe is Final Fantasy X. I've completed it before so it shouldn't take me long. I'd say to look for the first review by the beginning of October, maybe a little before.
Q: Why are you doing this?
A: The PS2 era of rpg gaming is gone. There's no current system that competes with it, handheld or otherwise. I miss it. I want to experience it again, and I want to share the experience. Many will say the SNES was the golden age of the rpg, but I argue that the PS2 era was at least on par, if not better. If my reviews can convince others to grab some great PS2 rpgs and experience some of the games I have, then I'll be happy.
Q: Are you going to skip any games?
A: Actually, yes. The MMOs. You can't "beat" MMOs and I never played any PS2 MMOs when the system was at it's most popular anyway. The first list contains no MMOs, so I will play all of those games, even the strategy rpgs.
Saturday, September 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment